Gas Meter “Explosion” Causes House Fire in Caspter

A Casper home was damaged on Wednesday night after a fire and possible gas meter explosion.

According to a release from Casper Fire-EMS, a call for a fire and explosion was sent just after 9 p.m. at the 1900 block of Brentwood Drive. Citizens reported hearing an explosion and seeing smoke and flames, said the report.

Responders found “significant fire on the back of the house” upon arrival, with heavy smoke inside.

A gas meter was involved in the fire, adding to safety concerns. Crews attacked the fire while others entered the house to search for possible occupants.

The damaged gas meter remained an active fire hazard until utility workers were able to secure it.

Fire crews remained on scene through midnight assisting utility crews and investigating the scene.

No was was in the house, which was under renovation according to the report. The fire is under investigation.